29 Nov 2005
Best quote I came across recently: “Of all the things I've ever lost I miss my mind the most.” I went to the annual mass choir performance of Messiah on Sunday. Was reluctant to go initially because I was feeling kind of tired but went anyway. It ended up being a very uplifting experience. The conductor managed to make certain familiar choruses quite exciting. The soprano was impressive to say the least. Her rendering of “I know my redeemer liveth” was inspiring. It was not as assuring as some renditions. I sense certain vulnerability and sentiment in the singing. It is like saying, “I am not 100% certain of my own faith but I will say as much as I can and let the redeemer himself take care of the rest.” That is really the way I interpret it and like it. After the performance, God was not done with me yet. As we were ready to drive out of the parking lot and headed for dinner, a homeless man came knocking on our window and asked for coffee money. While I was still basking in “I know my redeemer liveth”, I handed him a loonie. That was when it hit me. Yeah, I know my redeemer live only when I put His love into action. Shame on me; I was able to do more than just hand over some petty cash. My family had all fallen sick later, first, my mom then Elizabeth. Work had been quite strenuous. Between work and family and handing out advices I am quite worn out. I need some rest in the Lord. It is not just physical but mental and spiritual as well. I found vulnerability at this level can often cause erosion of judgment which could have devastating effects. I am finding so little time to do interesting things. I need a break..

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home