Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Live 8

Did not know that the Live 8 concerts are still available on AOL after the concert. Went to http://music.channel.aol.com/live_8_concert/home and caught some performances. I must say I was not too high on the concert before cause I thought this is just a bunch of rich musicians who have nothing better to do. Yeah I was cynical. However, some of the performances have just been mesmerizing. I watched Deep Purple, Annie Lennox, ColdPlay, Sting, Bruce Cockburn and African Guitar Summit and of course The Who and Pink Floyd. OMG, wow, and wow again. Even Shakira sounded great. It is just great to hear some bands like Def Leppard, Roxy Music and UB40 which I have not heard for years. One of the lasting image of the Barrie show was of course Neil Young. I am amazed so few of the younger crowd know him these days. Him the crazy horses was a main stay for us old geezers back then. Then there is Bruce Cockburn. He captured me with his song "Rumors of Glory" like twenty years ago. Now silver haired, honorary doctorate and member of order of Canada he is a total package: one man, a guitar and a conscious . Got to hear him, "Rocket Launcher" is pure classic and "Waiting for a Mircale" is captivating. At one point I watched "Sweat Dreams"(Annie Lennox), "Smoke on the Water"(Deep Purple), "Bittersweet Symponhy"(ColdPlay), "Wish You Were Here"(Pink Floyd), "Every Breath you take(Sting) and "Who are you"(The Who) back to back to back ... and I was left totally blown away. Well should get back to work now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home